December 9, 2008

I just had a day full of Christmas fun with my company. It all started with us meeting at the Jones' house, then driving to the Sheraton to have a fancy lunch at their restaurant called the Spice Garden. I don't think I've ever eaten at a fancier place than this before. I ate to my heart's content. Their fish was amazing....and don't even get me started on the chocolate mousse for dessert!

After that we headed back to the Jones' to watch a Christmas movie and drink hot chocolate. Hot chocolate makes any time spent with friends all the more fun!


After movie time we all piled back in the van and headed to Kan Zaman. Kan Zaman is a nice, huge restaurant catered to tourists. There are shops inside with all sorts of handmade and carved jewelry, scarves, figurines and ceramics. There is also a place in the restaurant where you can dress up as bedouins, in the traditional bedouin dress and head gear, and also get fake tattoos as the bedouin women do. After dressing up you can get your photograph taken in the indoor bedouin tent they have set up. It was so much fun! I surprisedly felt rather pretty in the bedouin clothes. I must buy one of the traditional dresses before I leave! After playing dress-up, we went back inside the restaurant, ordered tea and enjoyed some good conversation while taking in the surroundings and music. There were even men going around the restaurant dancing traditional arab dances.

I am so blessed to have a group of people here for support and friendship. The Joneses have gone out of their way to make our Christmas away from home a memorable one filled with laughter and friendship. It is truly a blessing, thank you Lord!

No comments: